Thursday, February 17, 2011

Similes + Metaphors + Personification = Figurative Language

Metaphors:
1. Love is a solo flower in a bush.
2. Hate is fire underneath my skin.
3. Life is the sun on a extremely cloudy day.
4. Friendship is a chain link fence that should never be broken.
Similes:
1. Passes with people off campus are like Disneyland because it's a great place to get away.
2. The gym is like vegetables because it can help your health.
3. My house is like the zoo because it is always loud.
4. Community meetings are like ants because they are annoying.
Personification:
1. The moon stared at the Earth all throughout the night.
2. The flower puckered its lips for the rain.
3. When the phone vibrated it was telling me to check itself.
4. The car screamed at me as it passed by.

2 comments:

  1. I like what I see, the third one on personification was real good. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comparisons, I like your creativity.

    ReplyDelete