Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Birthday to Remember

A Birthday to Remember

January 29th, 2008, a day I will never forget. It was my 13th birthday and my grandparents threw me a huge party because I was turning to a teenager. I had a seventy-five dollar ice cream cake from Baskin Robins. They paid three-hundred dollars to rent a jumper for my brother, my two friends, and I. They gave me hundreds of dollars to go shopping for clothes, and at that time I had my life made easy. That day was the perfect day, but right before bed we decided to go on the jumper for some late night fun. We were wrestling in the dark and having the most fun of my life. Then they decided to gang up on me because I was the “birthday boy” While they tackled me to the ground, my friend Gordo landed with all his weight on my foot and ended up breaking my pinky toe. I couldn’t walk in shoes for three weeks after that! It was a great day even though I got hurt. I don’t regret it because it was all in fun. That was my birthday to never forget!

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't invited? Just playing, but I agree with Ms. Raquel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcus. Sorry you broke your pinkey toe, but sounds like you had a good birthday. I wish I was you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year, I went to a birthday party with a jumpy. But, the birthday boy was turning 40. Did you play in the jumpy when we rented it during the field day last spring? I supervised it, but there were a lot of kids playing together.

    ReplyDelete