Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Paralyzed By Fear

One day I was jumping off the roof of my mom's car to slam dunk a basketball into the basketball hoop. It was a cloudy day with rain showers coming and going throughout the day. Before I got on the roof of the car I had been waiting for almost 30 minutes for the rain to stop. It finally did. I decided that I was feeling very energetic and I could make a jump that was lower to the ground and further from the hoop. The rim and backboard still had rain on it from the showers just minutes before. I grabbed the ball and without thinking about it, I jumped for the rim. I was in the air and as I was getting closer to the rim I thought to myself "I'm going to make this jump easily". I had thought wrong. My hand had reached the rim but I was a little short of getting my whole hand grasped on. I held on to the rim too long and it sprung up and launched me into the air. It wasn't raining water at the time but it was literally raining people. I landed on the cement straight on my head. I layed there in shock because I did not know what just happened. I was scared because I instantly became tired and I was worried that I could die. I wound up losing my vision and blanking out. To this day I do not remember being taken to the hospital and being treated by doctors. When I regained consiousness, I was standing in the middle of the hospital hallway with a sprite in my hand and dressed in nothing but a hospital gown. My mom then filled me in on everything that had happened. I will never forget the day that I, Marcus Bradshaw, the toughest guy on the block, would be paralyzed by fear.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha, you are not the toughest guy on the block! but I'm sorry that that happened to you! Good thing you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling me this story, Sad and Scary but I'm glad your obviously OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Marcus you aren't the toughest guy on the block. Oddly I'm happy your okay!!What would my cousin do without you. Just think you guys would have never met.

    ReplyDelete